VBM Alerts and Action:
Mayor / Board of Trustees Sessions.
With the acceleration of NYS and WC directives during the growing Coronavirus pandemic, we have altered our upcoming, Tuesday, 24 March, M/BOT sessions as follows:
- The Governor has issued a series of guidelines to preclude physical meetings at a fixed location by employing state of the art IT to carry out important governmental decision-making.
- Tomorrow, the M/BOT will be holding an approved teleconference session starting at 7:00 PM. We have engaged “ZOOM” as our vendor to enable the M/BOT and various staff to participate. The session will be recorded but not live. The recording will be uploaded to our website for future access as soon as practical.
- You can view this session. To do so, we are including the procedures to execute prior to the start of our meeting: to join the March 24th Meeting of the Village of Briarcliff Manor Board of Trustees ...
- Click the Link Below. This will give you access to the meeting on a web browser. You will be able to use the CHAT function, but unable to speak or join the video portion, but will be able to hear and see the meeting live. https://zoom.us/j/491639420.
- Call into the meeting. Enter the MEETING ID, Below:
You will only be able to listen. Questions or comments should be emailed in advance to [email protected] OR [email protected]
(929) 205-6099 US (New York)
Meeting ID: 491 639 420
- Access the meeting from the ZOOM app, use the below MEETING ID to join. You will be able to use the CHAT function, but unable to speak or join the video portion, but will be able to hear and see the meeting live. Meeting ID: 491 639 420
Re-capping previous operations and guidelines.
Village Hall Related: VH is closed to the public but fully functional in the many levels of administrative services. Daily mail and package delivery continues without interruption. Payments on line are being accepted and the “night drop” in the VH parking lot is checked several times a day. Starting today, we have separated and placed in rotation all levels of personnel to address the various directives to disperse employees. Phone inquiries are being handled routinely and we are setting up call forwarding as necessary for many employees. The NYS Office of Court Administration (OCA) has ordered local courts (VBM’s Village Court) to close until Monday, 4 May 2020. If you have any questions or need to reach the court, you may leave a voicemail at 914-944-2788. Voicemail will be checked periodically. Please send faxes to 914-944-4007. You may also email the court clerk at [email protected].
Dispersal of Village Personnel and Equipment. VBM Department Heads and Staff are addressing CDC requirements to provide for “social distancing” of our municipal work force. Each department has started the implementation phase of our contingency plans. Physical contact between and among the work force is to be minimized on a daily basis. This is especially the case where teams of employees provide various levels of daily service throughout the village let alone within our facilities. The rapid spread of the virus and guidelines to meet this challenge are changing all the time. Especially subject to ongoing orders from the Governor and/or County Executive.
Library/Community Center and Recreation: While the Library and the William J. Vescio Community Center are closed to the public, the facilities are staffed with Village employees working on specific projects. Calls and e-mails are answered and responded. Reminder: please remember that the Library has online music, movies and books that you can access through our website: www.BriarcliffManorLibrary.org. Email [email protected] if we can be of assistance. We request that you do not return books and other items at this time. There will be no charge on items returned after the due date. Holds throughout the Westchester Library System have also been suspended and most other Libraries are closed. The Recreation Department will be on site. Program cancellations are on their website and sign-ups and payments for Spring and Summer programs can be made directly over the phone or on line.
From the Briarcliff Chamber of Commerce. During this difficult time, we want to lend our assistance in any way possible. The Briarcliff Manor Chamber of Commerce remains committed to our member businesses and the support we offer you. To keep Briarcliff and surrounding communities informed, we'd like to promote retail and restaurant member's offerings (i.e. online ordering, call ahead/pick-up in store, curbside pickup, delivery). Please reach out to us ([email protected]) with some of the following details:
- Special packages
- Hours of Operation
- Delivery, Curbside Pick-up, Both
- Best way to order:
- Online (which website)
- Call directly (best #)
- 3rd Party (GrubHub, Seamless, UberEats...)
The Chamber will continue to monitor this situation closely on behalf of the business community. We continue to be available to help with any questions or concerns you may have. Please keep us advised on how your business is being impacted. Together, as a community, we will get through this.
Current information and pending actions are subject to change. Please note that all policies, guidelines and recommendations are subject to change based upon further recommendations and/or directives that may be received or passed down from the Village Board of Trustees, County/State/National governmental entities and regulatory agencies.
Philip E. Zegarelli,
Report 428A – 23 March 2020