Village Manager’s Pre-Pre-Thanksgiving Letter
26 November 2019
From the Village Manager:
Pocantico River Bridge. By close of business today, the Pocantico River Bridge will have been re-opened to 2-way traffic. Ash Road and Todd Lane are also to be re-opened. The traffic signals are to be disconnected and removed. Temporary, yellow centerlines have been painted but will be repainted and upgraded as soon as possible. A major construction site clean-up remains to be completed soonest. The road surface is a “binder layer” at grade: some rough spots. The entire road is to be milled down and a “top coat” added no later than Spring 2020. Depending on weather conditions now and into January, limited additional work will continue on new curbs, sidewalks, crosswalks etc. Replanting is for the Spring. This has been a major threshold: I personally wish to thank you for your time, consideration, understanding and ... endurance ... during this major project segment. Take caution and drive carefully.
From the Department of Public Works.
Thanksgiving... Planning Ahead ...
- VH, DPW/Highway and Recreation will all be closed on Thursday and Friday.
- Wednesday and Thursday’s garbage pickup will be on Wednesday with West side recycling.
- Our sanitation department will be picking up the regular Friday round.
- VBM’s Leaf Collection continues at an accelerated pace. We will not be picking up leaves on Thursday and Friday, 28 and 29 November. However, weather permitting, we will be working this weekend: Saturday and Sunday. This may change since the current weather forecast is not good at this point. More in tomorrow’s update.
- Be advised that no leaves should be placed on the roadway or on sidewalks. Violations will be issued by the Building Department for such infractions. Remember that brush and branches should be bundled and tied in a separate pile from the leaves. We cannot predict when we will be on a certain road as it is governed by the piles placed. Residents are asked not to call DPW to find out when we will be there.
- Our Library will be closed on Thursday and Friday but open on Saturday from 10:00 AM until 4:00 PM, and Sunday from 1:00 to 5:00 PM.
- There will be NO valet parking on either Thursday and Friday. Please park and lock your cars, do not leave keys in the car (turn it off!). Do not block other commuters or station patrons.
Philip E. Zegarelli,
Report 411A – 26 November 2019