The Village of Briarcliff Manor maintains an impressive inventory of passive and active recreational facilities and parks. Village residents are invited to enjoy the amenities each site has to offer. The following is a listing of the Facilities available to Briarcliff Manor residents:
Chilmark Park -- The Village purchased this 8.3-acre site located on Macy Road after years of service as the Chilmark Country Club. Chilmark Park offers tennis players the ultimate in surface variations, with two clay, two NovaPro all-weather and two har-tru tennis courts. The park also features a half-court basketball court, a soccer field, a baseball/softball, and a wonderful playground. A Renovation & Development plan is currently underway for this park will feature such things as improvements to the athletic fields, basketball court and the addition of a restroom facility for the site.
Jackson Road Park -- This park covers 4.76 acres and was dedicated in 1975. It features two half court basketball courts; one with a standard 10' high rim and one with a rim height of 9' for younger players. Neighborhood youngsters can also enjoy playing on the refurbished (2005) playground and swing sets. Approximately half of the park property is still undeveloped and primarily consists of wetlands.
Kate Kennard Trail -- Officially dedicated in 1988, this mile long trail is part of a permanent public easement made possible by the Rosecliff residential development. The trail begins on Long Hill West, just west of the Aspinwall Road intersection. The trail is named for the daughter of a former Mayor who fell victim to a fatal childhood illness.
Law Memorial Park --Located in the heart of the Village on Pleasantville Road, this seven (7) acre park was gifted to the Village by its first family, Mr.& Mrs. Walter Law. The Village Pool complex is the park's biggest attraction, featuring a 120' x 75' main pool and a 30' diameter circular wading pool. A new two-story Bathhouse/Pavilion was completed in 2001 in conjunction with a major rehabilitation project. The park also offers four tennis courts with lights for evening play; three clay courts and one year-round all-weather court. Adjacent to the tennis courts is a playground that includes swings, a sandbox, and play structures for children 2-5 and 5-12 years old. Two (2) platform tennis courts are located just north of the park and the Village Library can be found on the Park's eastern edge.
Lynn McCrum Field -- Officially named after Briarcliff's first Village Manager and dedicated in June 1999, McCrum Field is located on the corner of Chappaqua Road and Route 9A. This site features a multi-purpose youth sports playing field that is utilized as either two youth-sized baseball/softball fields or two youth soccer fields. The park includes parking for approximately fifty (50) cars, as well as a restroom/utility building.
Neighborhood Park -- Dedicated to the Village in 1954 and added to in 1958 and 1964, this 5-acre site is located at the corner Whitson and Fuller Roads and backs up to Schrade Road. The Whitson Road side of the park features a youth baseball field, and from the Schrade Road entrance, a basketball court and playground are available for neighborhood enjoyment.
Nichols Nature Area -- This 3.8-acre site was acquired in 1973 as part of a residential subdivision. Steep slopes virtually assure that this land will remain in its natural state, and continue to serve as home to many of our region's flora and fauna. The site is only accessible from Nichols Place.
Old Croton Aqueduct Trail -- This trail follows the aqueduct from Croton to New York City. It is operated and maintained by the State of New York for your enjoyment. Our access to the trail is off Scarborough Road, north of the Scarborough Fire Station.
Pine Road Park -- This 66-acre parcel was acquired in 1948 and added to in 1963. It is located between Pine Road and Long Hill Road East, and is presently undeveloped.
Pocantico Park -- Holding the distinction as the Village's largest park, this 70.9-acre site was acquired in 1948 and added to in 1963, 1964 and 1967. The park abuts the Pocantico River and is home to a large number of animals found in the region including the white tail deer. Some hiking trails are marked. Entrance to the park is most easily made from Laurel Lane, off Cedar Drive East.
Recreation Center -- The "Rec Center" was purchased by the Village in 1980 after serving as the clubhouse for the Chilmark County Club. Located within Chilmark Park, at 48 Macy Road, the Center is a focal point of indoor recreational opportunities in the Village. Many of our seasonal indoor programs are conducted at this facility, and a number of community organizations call the center home including the Briarcliff Manor Garden Club, the Senior Citizen's Club and the Max Pavey Chess Club. Residents may also rent the facility for private social functions.
Scarborough Park -- Plan a picnic supper at this park! Incredible sunsets, and the sights and sounds of the majestic Hudson River, await you at this six-acre, 97 year-old park. Bring your fishing poles for some great fishing. This riverside park, located right next to the Scarborough train station, is one of the hidden jewels of the Village's park system, and the Village is currently pursuing grant funding to further improve and develop the site.
Village Pool -- Please see description under Law Memorial Park.
Westchester County Bike Trail -- Our access to the County trail is located behind the Briarcliff Manor Library, off Pleasantville Road. The trail extends north along Route 100 into Millwood, and south along Route 9A to Route 117.