Village Manager’s Report – 18 August 2017
From the Village Manager.
- The Club. The Scarborough Road entrance to the Club will be temporarily closed or at best have limited access beginning Monday, 28 August. Access to the Club soccer fields and associated parking lot will be through the new entrance … across the connector road between the new detention basins. This is a temporary event necessary to complete the installation of storm water piping and other underground utility structures to their final locations. As soon as the construction is completed, the entryways will be opened.
- VH HVAC. Repeating … work continues on the new boiler system and related HVAC work. Please be advised that the main street entrance to the Village’s municipal parking lot at 1111 Pleasantville Road remains partially blocked awaiting Con Ed hook-ups.
- Comprehensive Plan – B Zone documents. Searching for the current documents, the hyper link is: http://briarcliffmanorny.virtualtownhall.net/Pages/BriarcliffManorNY_Trustees/Comprehensive%20Plan%20Addendum%202017/. The Public Hearing solely oriented to the Comprehensive Hearing reopens on Wednesday, 6 September.
- Solar Eclipse. This once in a lifetime event (well once in about every 99 years) occurs on Monday 21 August. This is a unique event but you need to take care. We have included a flier from our insurance carrier that you should review. For other eclipse events, see the Library report.
Reports by Village Department.
From the Department of Public Works (DPW). End of Summer season continues with roadside trimming, overhanging tree limbs and ongoing tree work. Given the opportunity, special efforts are being taken in our continual repainting of crosswalks, parking spaces, stop bars, and any double yellow lines that are worn or faded.
From the Briarcliff Manor Fire Department (BMFD). The 111th Annual Westchester County Volunteer Firemen’s Association (WCVFA) Convention and Parade is set for September 14-16, 2017. Fire Departments county-wide will be attending convention meetings and training seminars, a friendship night, and on September 16th, a full dress parade through VBM. The parade will begin at 1:00 PM from the assembly points on the many streets west of Mulberry then funnel out onto Pleasantville Road south through the Village. A reviewing stand will be mid-block on Pleasantville Road. The parade will end in Law Park with a live band for all to enjoy. The fire apparatus will continue beyond
Law Park to the Todd School. For additional information, please contact the committee co-chairs Matthew Gullo and Matthew Goldman at email@example.com or go to www.bmfd.org/convention .
From the Library and Community Center.
- The Library will be closed on Sundays in August through the Labor Day weekend. We will resume regular Sunday hours from 1:00 – 5:00 PM on Sunday, 10 September.
- Solar Eclipse Live Stream Viewing. Monday, 21 August, from 12:00 PM - 5:00 PM in the Community Center. Watch the NASA.org live video stream this once every 99 year solar eclipse as it traverses our country. The live video will be shown on the big screen TV in the community center. Stop by anytime and watch for as long as you want. This is something you really can’t pass up (!). All are welcome.
- Assimilation: Inks and Acrylics by Liliana Washburn is on exhibit on the second floor of the Library till August 30.
- The 2017 Fall Program Brochure with our full listing of programs for adults, teens and children should be available on our website and in print at the library by the end of August. Also, please sign up for Library News at http://www.briarcliffmanor.org/subscriberlib and “like” our Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/briarclifflibrary to find out about everything that’s happening at the Library.
From the Police Department. The BMPD will be posting information on upcoming events, emergencies like road closures, to lost pet requests, etc. on the following social media websites:
Facebook: Briarcliff Manor Police Department
Twitter: BriarcliffManorPD @BMPD10510
From Recreation and Parks.
- Law Park Pool Hours: Pool hours are now 11:00 AM – 7:00 PM daily through Monday, 4 September. Regular permit & guest fee policies will apply through the end of the season, so contact the Recreation Office if you’d like to purchase a daily use permit or if you need additional guest passes! The office is open weekdays between 8:30 AM and 4:00 PM.
- Coming soon … Community Day 2017 will be held on Saturday, 9 September … Returning for 2017 … we are once again bringing in some interesting and delicious Food Truck Vendors to spice up our annual celebration! If you know of any food truck vendors, local businesses, or not-for-profit, community-based groups that might be interested in participating in the event, please have them contact the Recreation Department for details.~ Watch for future announcements.
- We know you just can’t wait ! Our Fall Season Program Brochure will be available for viewing and downloading from the Village website by 1 September.
From our extended Briarcliff Manor Community.
State Senator David Carlucci and Assemblywoman Sandy Galef … are co-hosting their Annual Senior Fair on Thursday, 14 September 2017, at the Joseph G. Caputo Community Center, Ossining from 10:00 AM to 1:00 PM. Over 50 local vendors and resource providers within WC and surrounding areas will be present to offer support, knowledge and expertise to enhance the lives of our senior citizens. (see attached flier).
Phelps Memorial Hospital Center (PMHC). PMHC Healthy Life offers an ongoing series of diverse programs on health-related subjects: numerous health screenings and support groups. All events are free and are held on the Phelps campus, 701 N. Broadway, in Sleepy Hollow unless otherwise noted. Coming up soon are:
- Alzheimer’s Caregivers Support Group. Friday, 25 August. If you’re caring for a loved one with Alzheimer’s disease, you don’t have to go it alone. Join us for the emotional, educational and social support needed to successfully care for someone with dementia. At Phelps Hospital, 755 North Broadway, Room 515, Sleepy Hollow from 10:00 - 12:00 PM. Call 914-366-3937 to register.
Mayor and Board of Trustees. This month’s W/S has been canceled. The next M/BOT session will be Wednesday, 6 September, beginning with a W/S at 6:30 PM at the WJV Community Center.
Philip E. Zegarelli,
Report 291 – 18 August 2017
attachments[copy text from your word processing document and paste it here]