Pre - 4th of July Manager’s Report
2 July 2018
From the Village Manager. Due to the uniqueness of Independence Day falling on a Wednesday this year and that all the DPW departments will be fully closed … I am sending this out to you today as a separate eee-mail.
VBM Services for this Week. All Village offices will be closed on Wednesday, the 4th of July. This includes DPW and Sanitation. On a day-to-day basis, the following sanitation services have been set:
- Monday, 2 July, regular garbage pick-up;
- Tuesday, 3 July, regular garbage pick-up;
- Wednesday, 4th of July. Closed/no pick-ups;
- Thursday, 5 July, regular Thursday pick-up + Wednesday’s regular Condo service AND Wednesday’s East Side re-cycling all moved to Thursday this time; and
- Friday, 6 July, we return to regular garbage pick-up.
In addition, there will be no valet parking service on Wednesday.
Weather Alert. And the “heat goes on …” Not much relief of the next few days. Today’s temperature/humidity combo will feel near 100 degrees. High 90 degree levels are expected through Wednesday. A cold front … and finally some relief … will probably not reach us until Friday. Because of temperature variations, spot thunderstorms and sudden rain events may occur without much warning. Please plan ahead and take it easy. Check with local weather forecasts, advisories and precautions. Stay cool.
4th of July Fireworks. Sleepy Hollow Country Club and Trump National Golf Club will both be holding their traditional fireworks display: timing is oriented to sunset and levels of darkness for their full effect.
Philip E. Zegarelli,
Report 337A – 2 July 2018[copy text from your word processing document and paste it here]