Manager’s Weekend Report: August 17
1. Pool hours … through Labor Day, Monday, 3 September, are 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM.
2. September will be a busy month:
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday: 7-8-9 September:
Book Sale at the Library: 1000’s of books for sale.
- Saturday, 8 September:
- The Blue Star Monument (honoring all members of the Armed Forces) recently placed at the Pleasantville Road “Pocket-Park” will be dedicated at 11:00 AM;
Community Day activities include: our pool to be open to all residents from 2:00 PM to 6 PM …VBM activities on Law Park Field run from 4:30 PM to about 10:00 PM … Fireworks, depending on weather conditions, are scheduled for 8:30 PM. Community, not-for-profit groups interested in participation should contact Henry at our Recreation office: 941-6560.
Drive About: some are joining up … but we are still looking for car buffs with historical, classic and/or “hot rod” types of cars for a “Village-wide Drive About”. Small groupings of cars “motor” around the village in clusters starting at Noon of Community Day. Interested? … contact the Village Manager.
- Sunday, 9 September:
- The Tough Man ½ Triathlon starts in Croton and will reach down to Briarcliff and runs from about 6:00 AM to 3:00 PM. Heads-up … Route 9A will be closed to traffic at the intersections of: Chappaqua Road/Route 9A and North State Road/ Route 9A. Drivers should be aware of these closures and plan accordingly. Police officers will be at all locations to ensure that no vehicular or pedestrian traffic crosses Route 9A. Please be aware that there will be no exceptions. It should also be noted that plans have been put in place to ensure that police, fire and ambulance services will not be affected.
3. Board of Trustees (BOT) at Village Hall: the August 22nd work session is cancelled. The next BOT meeting is Wednesday, September 5th, with a Work Session at 6:30 PM / BOT meeting at 7:30 PM.
4. Mailbox Bashing: ANY information … please call VBM PD at 914-941-2130.
5. Question of this Week: is anything being done about the Route 9A and North State Road intersection? Yes, and at our direction, we have preliminary plans to provide for significant changes to this problem intersection. Because of its complexity as well as conflicting jurisdictions, we have initiated discussions with NYS and WC. To do this correctly, we anticipate that the costs will be high; and, we will be actively seeking available funding to address the need.
Philip E. Zegarelli, VM
Report 28 @ 17 August 2012