Manager’s Weekend Report: June 22
1. No, it’s NOT funny… mailbox bashing is not funny now and never was. The increase in mailbox bashings is more than disturbing… and certainly not harmless or humorous. The vandalism has escalated and now taken a more disturbing turn into the sheer destruction of private property. Mailbox bashing is a personal attack on your own quiet enjoyment of your own home; a violation to your neighbor and your neighborhood; and costly. The destruction is
hit-and-run and may appear random… tending to occur in the early mornings … and has expanded. While our Police Department cannot patrol every street at all times, we will meet the challenge. But for us to be successful, we are asking for your help. All we are asking you and your neighbors to do is to be observant and immediately report any mailbox damage or similar situations. The Police Department number is 941-2130. Mailbox bashing amounts to a malicious punk prank; shouldn’t happen; and, has just gone on for too
2. Second Catskill Shutdown this week. The NYC Department of Environmental Preservation (NYCDEP) has reconfirmed the second Catskill Aqueduct (CAT) shutdown: number 2 starts Tuesday, 26 June, at 4:00 PM and is to last for about 16 hours. At about 8:00 AM the following day, the CAT is to be reopened and flooded so that we can recharge our tanks over the next 32 hours. The first shutdown went well as we were able to meet all water demands through the stored capacity of our tanks. Once again, we ask you, on a voluntary basis, to limit your
water usage until the testing period is completed.
3. Village Taxes are due. Because of this year’s calendar sequence, the first installment of Village Taxes is to be paid NO LATER THAN Monday, July 2. We have adjusted our summer office hours on July 2nd to be open until 7:00 PM to receive your payment… in Village Hall.
4. Pool Hours: heat wave or not, the pool is now open from 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM. Summer camp opens on July 2nd and the opening time shifts to 12:45PM. Please check with the Recreation Department: 941-6560 or the pool office phone (488-2115) for specific needs or questions.
5. Board of Trustee (BOT) Meeting change: The BOT session which falls on Wednesday, July 4th, Independence Day, has been re-scheduled for Thursday, July 5th. Work sessions begin at 6:45 PM; BOT sessions at 7:30 PM; and, are held at Village Hall.
Philip E. Zegarelli, VM
Report 21 @22 June 2012